Wednesday, January 25, 2012

WILSON.... the dog

I was sitting here thinking about my next blog and came up with a few ideas but the whole time I was thinking about it Mr. Wilson A.K.A Wilson the "shop" dog has been pestering me to play with him. Throw the ball, tug the rope, even scratch his belly anything as long as I pay attention to HIM! 
  Rick and I knew we wanted to add a dog into our world and we looked for MONTHS and MONTHS until one night Rick showed me a ad that had him on there as the RUNT of the litter that no one wanted. I took one look at the ad and called the number and sure enough he was still there! I didn't care that it was a Tuesday evening at 8pm and the fact that he was about a hour or more away ...WE WHERE GOING TO GET HIM!! We jumped into the truck and off we went! We got there and he was standing there with fleas, ticks, nappy thin hair and DIRTY but I swooped him up like a long lost child and the way he pushed his little body into mine told me he was needing us to take him. The conditions where not good to say the least! This Lil guy of 8 weeks had never had puppy food just counter dried apples because they had a apple tree in the back yard and that's all they could do. This family breeds the dogs as INCOME!!! Which is so wrong! There is so many unwanted animals in this world but that in it self is a whole different blog... We got Wilson in the truck and started home and suddenly realized that we don't have a single thing for animals in our home! K-Mart here we come! I got him everything I thought he would need plus some extras :) We finally get him to his new "home" and Rick and I look at each other like ... NOW WHAT??? We want to go to bed and he is filled with fleas and ticks ... Thanks goodness for Rubbermaids he he Wilson spent his first night laying in a blue Rubbermaid and a blanket... He seemed fine :) The picture shows him peeking over the top looking at us like "really"... The next morning we where off to get a total spa, flea dip, haircut, nails cut the whole nine yards and he DIDN'T like it!! but he looked better and smelt a whole lot better! Friday he had Dr. appointments and hmmm he really HATED this :) Over the next few weeks we had to work with Mr. W on his anxiety issues ... really the only issue is the he doesn't like me to leave him alone! He go INSANE to say the least lol I take him to work with me in the beginning and quickly realized this isn't going to work!! Now Mr. W goes to Dogie Daycare at Gone to the Dogs and he LOVES IT!!! He gets to play all day with his friends while we are at work...
  Over the few months this fragile little dog that was scared of the world has turned into a happy little fella who loved to go for car rides... heck if he sees me get my shoes on he opens the door and will be sitting out in the garage by my car waiting he he He loves to play ball and knows his commands pretty good. He use to sleep in his kennel every night and the words USE TO now reflect the fact that he now sleeps right between Rick and I almost every night and he seems very happy doing so!
 This Lil guy has had a few medical issues and the lack of care before we got him also became our responsibility which we where happy to do but this little $100.00 dog has become the $2000.00 dog in 5 months :) and we are blessed we are able and willing to give him the treatments and love that every dog deserves. I can say I don't know nor can I imagine my life without him in it! He has really filled a large spot in my heart and I know I can say the same for Rick.
 All though Wilson isn't the "shop pup" like we thought he would become...he has really become the dog of our dreams and I think almost everyone that knows us knows this to be true! My own kids joke and say they never been taken to the Dr's as much as Wilson and certainly never went to daycare nor have they had a spa treatment but the "DOG" has :) I really feel blessed to have him on my life and part of our family!
  Hope you enjoyed reading about my pal as much as I enjoyed writing about him...Now I have to go and throw the ball for him ...

1 comment: