Tuesday, November 29, 2011

getting to know 5 of the "CHICKS"...

Many of you think the shop is all me and my items but in reality it's not just me but rather a group of "chicks" that makes the shop as you know it.  I never call them "vendors" but rather a group of my dear friends...and this is why...
  First there's Cally who I got the chance to meet a few years before I opened my shop and who has been a part of the shop since the first day we opened...I have learned to love her not only as a great addition to the shop but also her great eye for the smalls and her cleaver way of displays. When she runs the shop I call it being "cally-fied" because she arranges stuff in ways that I just can't explain any other way as simply awesome!  BUT... really she is the friend that everyone wishes for but few get. She is as true as they come and all that know her will say the same! She has a way of making me smile and laugh even when I am not in the greatest mood. She is one that if she can help...SHE WILL! If you need someone to talk to ... she's your gal!
  Then there is Marie also know as Olde Lady Morgan who sews her heart out and is one of the best prim doll maker I know. She tells it how it is and that is why we all love her so much. She doesn't just sew but she also hunts for the good ole' primitives for the shop as well. If I am in a bind and she can fix it she will! She is well known by many and have to say she is a great addition to our team.
  Next is Cheryl who is so well known for her Industrial & architectural items. She finds a way to blend the true primitives with the industrial and slaps a architectural  item in there and it flows like it was met to be together. She adds many outdoor elements in her space that sets herself from all the rest. She is the soft spoken, level headed, avoids all drama then add down to earth to that and you have the definition of Cheryl! She is a awesome addition to our team and a great friend to me but I knew she would be from the beginning!!!
 On to Sandy which you all know as Poppyseed Primitives. Many of you know she has a shop in downtown Genoa. She also has a spot inside my shop. She is the one I tend to turn to when I have to talk business to someone. I think we would all agree that we wish we had her energy. She comes in and redoes her area way before many of us are out of bed... She is always out and about getting the next great must have item for our homes. I have never seen her anything but happy & that is just one reason she is so dear to me.
  Now onto the Queen of the shop....Jane! I have talked about her before in my blogs but really she bring a calmness in the shop that is so welcomed by us all. She is the go-to "chick" when I am not around. She know everything and probably more about the shop than I do... She also does have a area inside the shop and is extremely good at buying and displaying her items. She walked into my life right when I needed her the most and I am so blessed to have her in the shop and as the QUEEN and in my life as the friend that she is. I can't imagine the shop without her that's for sure!
 So the next time that you walk into The Primitive Chick take a good look around and remember what I wrote .... I bet you will be able to pick out who's items belong to which friend.



  My life isn't about "the shop" but rather filling my shop with good friends that love the same kind of things just in different twists. You put all them different twists together and you have one awesome shop with the greatest team and best friends I could wish for! There are a few more "chicks" inside the shop and will blog about them next time but for now I hope that you enjoyed reading a Little bit about them.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Angie!!! such nice words for all us chicks!!!! OLM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this brought tears! Indeed a fantastic group of very special chicks. And what can we say about Miss Angie - her excitement over finding a great primitive and enthusiasm for sharing it is highly infectious! Like a child in a candy shop she delights in each new piece. She is as excited about our successes as she is her own. A generous and caring spirit...I am blessed to know her and priviledged to be a part of her wonderful shop. Thank you Miss Angie! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angie,..

    It was good to see you. The shop looked great and I love all my new (old) goodies.
    Congrats on the well deserved front page article and compliments of the season.
    NC

    ReplyDelete